Regulations of ticket sales, passenger and baggage transport
Every passenger must buy a ticket in order to use public transport. The ticket gives the passenger the right to use the means of transport and the included products and services only on the journey indicated on the ticket and according to the agreed terms and conditions. A ticket to a long-distance route can be bought as follows:
- From the driver for cash, by bankcard or the money transferred to the Public Transport Card (payments by bankcard cannot be made on routes 131, 874 and 875).
- By buying it on the website http://kaugliinid.pilet.ee and loading it on the Public Transport Card. A passenger who boards the bus must inform the driver that their ticket was loaded on the Public Transport Card and place the card on the validator, after which the driver will issue a receipt if requested.
- By buying it on the website http://kaugliinid.pilet.ee and having it sent to an e-mail address. When the passenger boards the bus, they must submit the ticket to the driver either on paper or electronically.
By buying the ticket from www.tpilet.ee. When the passenger boards the bus, they must submit the ticket to the driver either on paper or electronically.
- By buying the ticket from a ticket desk at a bus station. When the passenger boards the bus, they must submit the ticket to the driver on paper.
- The passenger must prove their right to the selected discount if they purchased a ticket with a discount. Otherwise, the passenger will have to pay the difference between the full price and the discounted price.
- The ticket must be retained until the end of the journey.
Transport of passengers and baggage
- The passenger must conduct themselves during the journey in such a manner that they do not damage the safety of transport or breach the terms and conditions of transport. The passenger must follow the orders of the carrier, driver or another competent person.
- The passenger had the right to transport, free of charge, their hand baggage, mobility aids, guide or assistance dogs of disabled persons, prams and pushchairs, and small animals in appropriate cages or boxes, with muzzles or on leashes. Hand baggage means baggage in the care of the passenger and the sum of the dimensions of an item of hand baggage (height + width + depth) may not exceed 150 cm and its total weight may not exceed 30 kg.
- Hand baggage must be placed on the shelf under the roof of the bus, under the seat or held in the lap in such a manner that it does not disturb or endanger the driver and the other passengers, obstruct the passengers boarding, exiting or moving in the passenger compartment of the public transport vehicle, and not damage the clothes or baggage of the other passengers or the passenger compartment of the bus.
- The driver accepts the baggage for transport in the baggage compartment and hands it back to the passengers.
- The passenger has the right to transport up to two units of baggage in the baggage compartment whereby the sum of the three dimensions of a unit may not exceed 150 cm and its weight may not exceed 30 kg.
- Transporting baggage larger than specified in clause 2.3, i.e. oversized baggage, is possible on long-distance routes, but it is accepted on the condition that the baggage of passengers that is not oversized has fit and been placed in the baggage compartment. If there are several oversized items of baggage, the baggage of the passenger who arrived first will be placed in the baggage compartment first. Oversized baggage must be packed in such a manner that it would not soil or damage the inside of the bus and the baggage of other passengers (e.g. a bicycle must be packed in a special sack or cardboard box). A baggage ticket will be issued for oversized baggage on a long-distance route.
- The passengers must follow the orders of the driver when placing hand baggage, baggage, mobility aids, prams and pushchairs in the passenger compartment or the baggage compartment and when removing these items. The passengers are not allowed to open and close the baggage doors of the bus.
- The passengers are allowed to transport small animals in the passenger compartment of the bus. Small animals must be kept in a closed transport cage, box og bag for the duration of the journey. Cage must be placed on the bus seat. Dogs must be on short leashes and wear muzzles, short-cone dogs must travel in a transport cage.
- The passenger may travel with a small animal on the condition that the animal and the cage used to transport the animal are clean and the animal does not threaten or disturb the other passengers. The transport cage may not obstruct the movement of other passengers in the passenger compartment of the bus or prevent them from getting a seat. A passenger with a small animal must change seats on the demand of the driver.
- The passenger is responsible for the small animal transported in the passenger compartment of the bus.
- When travelling with a small animal, it must be kept in mind that if the animal does not fit in the passenger’s lap, the passenger must buy a full ticket for the animal to secure a seat and use it. The guide dog of a visually impaired passenger can travel free of charge.
- Transporting baggage that contains valuable items such as electronic devices (laptop, photo camera, mobile phone, etc.), coins, securities, gold, silver, jewels, works of art or other valuables in the baggage compartment is prohibited. The passenger is obliged to take such baggage into the passenger compartment of the bus as hand baggage.
- It is not permitted to carry in the passenger compartment or baggage compartment of a bus or coach any prohibited baggage that could harm the health or property of other persons travelling in the public transport vehicle or dirty or otherwise harm the public transport vehicle. Prohibited baggage means, above all, radioactive, explosive, poisonous, corrosive, inflammable, odoriferous or dirtying substances as well as substances and things without the required packaging.
- The carrier will keep the baggage that was not collected and the items found in the vehicle, except for substances that spoilt fast, pursuant to the procedure stipulated in the Law of Obligations Act.
- If a passenger or all passengers or their baggage is not ready for transport in the agreed place at the agreed time for any reason whatsoever, the carrier may cancel the contract or start the journey.
It is prohibited for a passenger to:
- travel on the bus when under the influence of alcohol or drugs, when wearing dirty clothes, to consume alcohol or narcotic substances, smoke or disturb the other passenger on the bus in any other manner;
- open or close windows or doors without the permission of the driver;
- obstruct the opening or closing of doors, limit the driver’s field of vision;
disturb the driver and obstruct the work of the official with inspection rights;
- break or soil the bus and its fitting, throw litter on the floor;
- take open drinks on the bus, including drinking cups closed with lids, but with an opening for a straw or drinking;
- put themselves or other passengers at risk.
Loss of or damage to baggage
- The passenger must hand their baggage over for transport in such a state that does not facilitate the loss of or damage to the baggage and ensure that the baggage does not cause damage to the carrier. The baggage must be packed safely or disassembled for transport.
- The carrier cannot be held liable for the loss of or damage to the baggage placed in the baggage compartment that contains the items listed in clauses 2.12 and 2.13.
- The liability of the carrier for the baggage starts from the moment when the driver has accepted the baggage from the passenger for transport in the baggage compartment and ends at the moment when the driver has returned it to the passenger.
- If the baggage accepted by the driver for transport in the baggage compartment has become damaged or been lost, the carrier will pay compensation in the amount of up to 150 euros on the basis of the purchase receipts or other documents submitted by the passenger that adequately prove the value of the items accepted for transport. The carrier reserves the right to refuse to compensate the damage in the case of claims that exceed this amount or are not adequately proven.
- The passenger must compensate the damage caused to the carrier by them or their baggage. In the event of a breach of their obligations, the passenger may not rely on a defect in or property of their baggage as a circumstance that releases them from liability.
- The carrier will not accept for transport baggage that does not belong to any of the persons travelling on the bus (unaccompanied baggage). The carrier does not accept any claims related to the damage to or loss of unaccompanied baggage.
Handling and review of complaints
- Passengers must submit any complaints (with copies of their tickets and, if necessary, other documents) at the carrier’s customer service centre at Ringtee 25, Tartu, by post to Ringtee 25, Tartu or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org within three months of the date when the passenger travelled or should have travelled by bus.
- If a passenger sends their complaint by e-mail, a confirmation of receipt of the complaint will be submitted to the passenger within three working days.
- The carrier will review the complaints within three months of receipt of the application and all the necessary additional materials.
Waiving the service and refund of ticket price
- A ticket bought from the ticket counter of a bus station must be returned to the distributor that sold the ticket. The distributor establishes the conditions of return and informs passengers about them.
- A ticket bought from the pilet.ee environment must be returned to the distributor that sold the ticket in the same environment where the ticket was bought. The distributor establishes the conditions of return and informs passengers about them.
- Tickets cannot be returned to the driver who serves the journey.
- In the event of a disruption of the journey caused by a breakdown of the bus or another reason dependent on the carrier, the carrier will guarantee that the passenger will reach the destination with another means of public transport with their valid ticket (this does not apply to urban routes).
- In the event of a disruption of the journey during a regular service or if the same means of public transport to the point of departure for reasons not dependent on the carrier, such as extraordinary road or weather conditions, the passenger will not be charged for the trip and the money they have already paid will be refunded (this does not apply to urban routes).
- If a journey is cancelled or disrupted, the carrier will make a decision about compensation on the basis of the application submitted to the carrier.
- In the cases stipulated in Regulation (EU) No. 181/2011 of the European Parliament and of the Council, the carrier will handle the complaint submitted by the passenger about an alleged breach pursuant to the procedure set forth in Article 27.